When we began to closely look at our Course Reserves we discovered it was in a state of complete chaos. Much of what was entered in Sierra was inaccurate and out-dated. Things were everywhere and nowhere. There were no clear policies and students didn’t have a clue what “Course Reserves” even meant. Over the course of a year, we worked to bring this vitally important aspect of our library into order. This included doing maintenance in the Course Reserves module in Sierra, simplifying our webpac, changing policies, creating new forms, and most importantly—communicating well with our campus.
In this session, I’ll show all the steps I took in the Course Reserves module in Sierra and discuss other lessons I learned along the way!